RE: Documentation of Proc Values (patch)

Subject: RE: Documentation of Proc Values (patch)
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 23:22:28 +0800 (CST)

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Peter Mueller wrote:

> > Well, historically some description of sysctl values appear only as
> > NOTES in the ipvsadm man page. The ipvsadm man page is mostly
> > about how to
> > use the ipvsadm utility. It's probably good to have other place to
> > describe the sysctl variables of IPVS, and the IPVS sysctl
> > variables are
> > under change for different kernel versions.
>
> What about a compromise?  Maybe a note at the end (?) of ipvsadm man saying
> "man ipvsproc for proc values"?  I like the idea of making things as
> descriptive and easy to find as possible.

I see that we can add a note that full documentation on LVS is at
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/. Then, we only need maintain one place
for describing the IPVS sysctl variables
(http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/docs/sysctl.html), and it can help
bring more traffic to the LVS web site. :)

The ipvsadm-1.21-5.src.rpm with this change and two typo fixes from
Horms' patch is available at
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/software/kernel-2.4/ipvsadm-1.21-5.src.rpm

Cheers,

Wensong