The Two Server Distance Problem (Re: DNS Trick??)

Subject: The Two Server Distance Problem (Re: DNS Trick??)
From: Joel Webb <joel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:13:10 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Roberto Nibali wrote:

Roberto,

Maybe I am just ingorant with LVS.

What I need is redundancy between just two computers that is on the
internet at two different locations.

I was thinking of doing a cluster with load balancing, but then I would
have to have a router at one location to balance it which is a failing
point.

Is there any way to have the load balancers running on both machines that
the web services are being published??

The only problem that arises with this scenario is if the website is using
a database. I don't know if the MySQL daemons would be able to handle the
traffic with the databases not being in close proximity to each other. And
all of the database queries that are getting written to them would need to
be secure as well.

Hmmmm...

--
Respectfully,