persistence question.

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: persistence question.
From: Duane Bedeau <Duane.Bedeau@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 11:19:04 -0400
Hi all,

I have a persistence question.  While reading the FAQ (located at:
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.persistent_con
nection.html It mentions something halfway down the page, specifically the
section that reads :

-------------
Julian

The persistence timeout is used only once: when the first connection from
this client is established. The current meaning is the persistent time to
cover period of time after the client appears for first time. It is extended
if there are still active connections. Then there are 3 (or more) options:

1.  extend it again with the persistent time
2.  extend it with 2mins
3.  use the persistence time after the last connection from client
terminates

The second option is the one implemented, as we found it was the behaviour
the users expected :) A long time ago my opinion was that it is better to
use the persistence time when the last connection terminates (item 3 above).
We could make this a config option if anyone wants it.

Well, I'd like to know if option 1 or 3 has been implemented (as a config
option as suggested) in the latest version or even a beta version yet?  I'd
be VERY interested in using it if it was.

Thanks!
Duane