Re: IPVSADM on Suse

Subject: Re: IPVSADM on Suse
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:48:00 +0200
On 2003-07-22T09:44:09,
   Maxime Quinzin <maxime.quinzin@xxxxxxxx> said:

> When I do a load balancing, on SUSE 8.2 with ipvsadm-1.21-214 (provided
> by SuSe), with same criterias
> I have to run 1000 http request to see the 70/30 ratio ...I have this
> sequence
> 100A 100B 500A 100B 100A 100B
>
> The ratio is good, but has the algorithm changed between this 2 versions
> of ipvsadm ?

This hasn't got anything to do with ipvsadm, but the scheduling
strategy. The kernel patch is the same, so it shouldn't matter.

Please show the output of 'ipvsadm' so we can see what you have...

Are you generating the requests in the same manner?

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>

--
SuSE Labs - Research & Development, SuSE Linux AG

"If anything can go wrong, it will." "Chance favors the prepared (mind)."
  -- Capt. Edward A. Murphy            -- Louis Pasteur