Re: FW: Antefacto and 2.4.21

Subject: Re: FW: Antefacto and 2.4.21
From: Vinnie <listacct1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 13:28:47 -0400
Julian Anastasov wrote:
        Hello,

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Ben North wrote:

As the original author of the patch, it saddens me to say this, but
Vinnie is absolutely correct.  I never received a satisfactory answer to
why the patch was never incorporated into the main LVS code.

It is not a large patch.  Excluding comments, assertions, debugging
printk()s etc., it adds about 10 lines of real code to the kernel
itself, and about 50 lines to LVS for the main functionality.  FTP
handling adds about another 75 lines.

        I see, it is now shorter but still not nice :)

Also, I tried to explain very carefully exactly what it did and why.
This was the purpose of the README I sent in.  So the keeper of the
official code would not have been 'blindly' incorporating a bunch of
random code.

        Can you send me link to the current docs and patches so I can
take a look?

This is what I have on it. there is a text file included in the bz2 which contains all of the info I received from Ben North when I first started playing around with getting this to work with 2.4.19. but from reading your msg this is probably what you are already looking at.

I also have a dump of the section of the LVS HOWTO webpage that contained info about Antefacto, but unless that has been purged from linuxvirtualserver.org you guys already have that too.

http://www.lvwnet.com/vince/files/ipvs/linux-2.4.19-ipvs-1.0.7-antefacto.patch.tar.bz2