Destination unreachable

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Destination unreachable
From: Rainer Anschober <arm@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 23:32:10 +0200
Hi list,

i am looking for help with a main problem about linuxvirtualserver.
I installed on an modern Compaq Desktop with two extra Intel Pro100
Networkcard redhat 7.3. Then from kernel.org i downloaded the kernel
2.4.21 and from linuxvirtualserver.org the patch
linux-2.4.21-ipvs-1.0.10.patch and also the programm ipvsadm v1.21.
In order to configure the virtualserver i use keepalived v1.1.1

So, my problem is, that only one or two people can get a connection
across the loadbalancer to the webserver. All other connections will be
droped from the loadbalancer. The errorcode is Destinationport
unreachable ( icmp type 3 ). The snifferlog from the internal NIC is
errorless.
I tried it with other NIC's and also with an other computer Hardware,
but the result is the same.

When i cannot resolv the problem with in a week, the linux will die for
this project and i must buy a hardwarebox.

Have anyone an idea what i should do? Thank you for your help.

Best regards
Rainer