Re: Destination unreachable

Subject: Re: Destination unreachable
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 00:37:20 +0200
Hi,

i am looking for help with a main problem about linuxvirtualserver.
I installed on an modern Compaq Desktop with two extra Intel Pro100
Networkcard redhat 7.3. Then from kernel.org i downloaded the kernel
2.4.21 and from linuxvirtualserver.org the patch
linux-2.4.21-ipvs-1.0.10.patch and also the programm ipvsadm v1.21.
In order to configure the virtualserver i use keepalived v1.1.1

Thanks for this info. Are you using LVS-DR? How many RS do you have? What scheduler is involved?

So, my problem is, that only one or two people can get a connection
across the loadbalancer to the webserver. All other connections will be
droped from the loadbalancer. The errorcode is Destinationport
unreachable ( icmp type 3 ). The snifferlog from the internal NIC is
errorless.

Could you please send us an output of 'ipvsadm -L -n' before you start connecting and the output of the same command line when you experience your problems, please?

I suspect that you configured a healthcheck which takes out your RS's pretty soonish.

I tried it with other NIC's and also with an other computer Hardware,
but the result is the same.

It's most definitely a setup problem.

When i cannot resolv the problem with in a week, the linux will die for
this project and i must buy a hardwarebox.

This of course will not happen, we'll work 24/7 to help you fix the problem :)

Have anyone an idea what i should do? Thank you for your help.

Most probably after I got the information.

Best regards and "san's griess't",
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc