Linux Director Reliability

To: LVS Users <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Linux Director Reliability
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:38:07 +0900
Hi,

I am looking for information from people who are running LVS in
production. I am most interested in how reliable they find
LVS to be. How often does the system go down. And when it does
what is the cause - if it is caused by something unrelated
to LVS like faulty hardware then you can skip that bit.

If anyone is able to volunteer this information either
on the list or to me privately then I would be most grateful.
Please include some rough information on your system:
What architecture, which kernel, which version of LVS,
approximately how many nodes, and how busy it is.

I plan to use this information as part of a presentation
that I will be making on LVS at Linux.Conf.Au[1] as well
as when trying to convince potential customers[2] to use
LVS.  If I get enough information to make this interesting
I will put it up on a web page somewhere.

[1] http://www.linux.org.au/conf/
[2] As many of you may know I work for VA Linux Systems Japan
    http://www.valinux.co.jp/ This is no longer the same as
    VA Linux Systems USA where I previously worked! Part of
    what we do is to sell system integration solutions that include LVS.

--
Horms