Maxium number of VIP's per physical interface.

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Maxium number of VIP's per physical interface.
From: "Radomski, Mike" <Mike.Radomski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 07:39:29 -0400

Hi all,

Is there any maximum number of VIP's per physical interface?  I added 4 VIP's and everything was ok.  When I added one more, to make the total 5, I ran into problems.  The 5th interface did not show up as say eth0:4.  When I shutdown heartbeat, it then showed up as eth0:1?  I had to manually remove it.  When I go back down to 4 VIP's everything is stable.  I have been running on 4 VIP's for about 2 years w/o incidence.

I would like to preface this by saying my configuration is old.  2.4.18 kernel, heartbeat-0.4.9-1.um.1 and heartbeat-ldirectord-0.4.9-1.um.1.

Thanks for any help in advance.  If any one can confirm upgrading will give me more VIP's it would be appreciated.

Mike Radomski

SUNY - ITEC
Information Technology Exchange Center
Systems Programmer/Analyst