RE: slow response of the realserver

Subject: RE: slow response of the realserver
From: "Easytrans Systems (Laurie Baker)" <lvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:08:30 +0100
Michael Lee Said ....

>I am confused, severel questions:
>I think I have ipchains enabled when I compile my kernel, but I am not
sure.

Just briefly,
As this should be something you can workout for yourself ...

Whatever the case ipchains / iptables, you should be able to turn them on
and off at will (usually on R'Hat with one or more of the following: "as
root":

service ipchains stop
service iptables stop
/etc/rc.d/init.d/ipchains stop
/etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables stop
chkconfig --level 123456 ipchains off <then reboot>
chkconfig --level 123456 iptables off <then reboot>
)

Or to see the status do iptables/ipchains -L

Once you have mastered this then you will have a better chance to analyse
your problems.

And I said I'd be brief :¬0

Laurie.