RE: LVS newbies need help

Subject: RE: LVS newbies need help
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:45:49 -0700
> I think the problem is that the documentation is very bad.. i

Feel free to make better documentation or make some constructive concrete
comments.  This kind of comment doesn't do anything.

http://www.ultramonkey.org/

> What about if we make our own step guide ?

That would be great.

> I have installed ipvsadm too (from rpm) and it said 100% installed.

What does ipvsadm -v say

> client
> director (two NIC)
> ---------------
>  |            |
> realserver1   |
> (http)        |
>          realserver2
>            (http)

This is LVS-DR?

> I use RH from CD (2.4.20-8) and rebuild new kernel with:
> 1. RD 2.4.21
> 2. hidden-2.4.20.pre10-1.diff (single downloaded file)
> 3. linux-2.4.21-ipvs-1.0.10.patch (single downloaded file)
> 4. ipvsadm-1.24-2.src.rpm (single file)

It would be a lot easier to do this if you use the Redhat + LVS kernel(s)
from Horms.  http://www.ultramonkey.org/