Need to explore the advantages of lvs?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Need to explore the advantages of lvs?
From: Marko Klaus <marko.klaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:07:24 +0000 (UTC)
Hello,
 I'm new to this list and I have a few questions about lvs to evaluate the
possibility to implement an lvs-System in our facility and I apologize
for my (stupid ;-) questions.

 First: Is there a storng need to have an distributed fs (like coda) with
lvs or can I just leave this and without this is it a good solution?

 Second: I need an complete example of an implementation of an lvs-System
so I can evaluate the amount of work to put in their. Can somebody send me
some examples and I need also the amount of time which was needed to
create this solution?

 Third: How much does it cost (mainly time) to build up and administrate a
lvs-cluster?

 Fourth: Is lvs limited to loadbalancing of websites or can I distribute
e. g. an contant-management-system?

Thanks

Marko Klaus

FREE UNIVERSITY OF BERLIN