Re: LVS and SQL databases (PostgreSQL)

Subject: Re: LVS and SQL databases (PostgreSQL)
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:22:49 -0500
Richard NAGY wrote:

> Does LVS can handle load balancing for an SQL database or is it
> mandatory to use pgreplication (Postgres-R project) for a PostgreSQL
> database?

This will require thought and testing.
The HOWTO discusses setting up databases with LVS. You have to
understand the many reader/single writer nature of LVS.

> A last question : LVS and sessions (like in PHP) : can we use LVS in a
> production environnement in such a context (with sessions)?

this is another many reader/single writer problem. Sessions are handled
with persistence or by saving state on the backend.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx