Re: Distributed Filesystems

Subject: Re: Distributed Filesystems
From: "Graham D. Purcocks" <grahamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:11:53 -0000
Well it eventually does use rdist but its for real time data changes by the web
server users.

Rdist can't delete a single file, it only syncs the directory so it doesn't
work too well in large trees. I originally disregarded rsync because I
inherited some code using rsync which I couldn't get to create new directories.
However, since then I beleive this was brain failure and lack of RTM.

To be honest it works, just, and using a real Distributed file system would be
the ideal solution but the next step may be to revisit what we have and make
some improvements.

Thanks for the thought.