Re: lvs_dr and reverse proxy

Subject: Re: lvs_dr and reverse proxy
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 01:06:53 +0100
Hello,

I've done this setup for one of our customers but I forgot which one ;).

I'll be back with some more information, but in the meantime I'd be happy if I could get some more information on your network topology and some of its functionality.

I have a question regarding the combination of lvs_dr and some reverse
proxy's.

(Internet)

    |-(director1)

   ----------------
   |              |
(r.proxy 1)   (r.proxy 2)
   |              |
   ----------------

          |-(director2)

    ----------------
(webserver 1)   (webserver 2)

How can I handle web session's in such a setup?

Which of the many functionalities of a reverse proxy do your reverse proxies provide? Is it a simple rewrite of the URL together with a URL syntax check?

Are all systems public or do you have NAT/transparent proxying somewhere in your path?

Have you tried with setting persistency on both directors?

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc