Re: Problems balancing http/ssl

Subject: Re: Problems balancing http/ssl
From: "Carlos J. Ramos" <cjramos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:58:50 +0100

> > ...as it can be seen, ldirectord saids it test each server, but we
> > cannot see using the network sniffer any packet reaching real servers...
> > neither outgoing packets from the balancer.
> >
> > Since 80 and 443 ports connectivity is done using the same switch we
> > don't think it could be due to a lost of connectivity.
>
> That is very curious. Have you tried putting some extra debuging
> statements into check_https to try and descover why the test is
> failing?

We are trying to put a cluster for our customer ASAP, anyway i will try
to find some time in order to try this.

> Have you tried tracing packets from the linux-director or the
> real-server? The former may be more informative.
>
> [snip]

Hi. Everythings points to problems with perl modules, we have change the
perl::Net::SSLeay RPM package provided by Mandrake 9.1 and used the perl
module provided by CPAN repositories and it began to works, so it is
clear that the "standard" RPM package for this perl module
"perl-Net_SSLeay-1.21-1mdk.rpm" in Mandrake 9.1 fails in some way...

> > What can be due to?, is there any well tested platform recommended for
> > heartbeat-ldirectord?, I also tried to download precompiled packages for
> > redhat 9.0 from
> > http://www.ultramonkey.org/download/heartbeat/stable.latest/redhat_9/dependancies/
> > but each file i tried to download gives me a 404 not found error....
>
> Sorry, my mistake. Those links are fixed now.

Ok, well thanks a lot for the assistance.

Carlos J. Ramos                 Genasys II Spain, S.A.U.
Administrador de Sistemas       Ventura de la Vega 5
Tel:+34-91-3649100 ext 170      28014 Madrid
Fax:+34-91-3649119              Spain
Email:  cjramos@xxxxxxxxxx