Re: Other trouble

Subject: Re: Other trouble
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:33:06 -0500
Rafael Morales wrote:

> Before run the script I can get connection for all my servers, but when I run
> it I lost connecion and the only difference in the route table is this:
> 10.2.2.71 dev lo  scope link  src 10.2.2.71
> this line does not appear before run the script however if I remove it after
> run ther scrpit and I add my default gw is still without connect the servers.
> In resume before run the script all servers work well, after run the script
> all fails :((((

I see, this is a bit of a mystery to me.

since this address is the VIP, it will also be in the output of

#ip addr show

The rc.lvs_dr script doesn't do a lot of setup on the realserver.
It mainly does a lot of checking.

So setup the realserver by hand.

website, then add the VIP

#ifconfig lo:1 10.2.2.17 netmask 255.255.255.255 broadcast 10.2.2.17

(I think that's right)

and see if you can still connect to the target website. If you
can, then add the machine as a realserver to the LVS, and see
if you can LVS through it.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx