Where to get started

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Where to get started
From: "Randy Paries" <randy.paries@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 08:12:03 -0600
Hello
I am very familiar with the linux env. But i now need to go to the next step
and have some questions just to get me going in the correct direction

I need to build 2 (initially ) redhat boxes. (probably  RHS - ES ) I really
like RH9 but need the up2date stuff.
There is also "Red Hat Cluster Suite", but being a small startup, we are
trying to keep costs down as much as possible.

With the boxes i am building , they really need to be clustered. I
understand the concept of clustering, but i have a couple of gaps that i do
not understand. (BTW - is there a clustering for dummies? )

The biggest question is how do the clusters share data? Is this done via
hardware or software. In the LVS I see lots of stuff about setup for load
balancing, which is part of what i need.

Is LVS what i need?  ( my app is a web based app, that reads and writes to
datafiles on the webserver)

Can anyone point in the direction to get started?

Thanks
Randy