RE: Keepalived and Zebra

Subject: RE: Keepalived and Zebra
Cc: quagga-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "James Miller" <jimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:27:12 -0600
I at one time was working on implementing a quagga ospfd + keepalive
configuration with the VRRP running  on the 'internal' interface and ran
into problems.

In  my case traffic would still try to flow across the old VIP holder and it
seemed that the internal hosts kept the arp of the old VIP.  Also I have
real IPs on the inside as well.

I'm still not sure how to notify ospfd of the VIP change (announce the
network change into OSPF on the 'outside').  Should redistribute connected
be used (if so how?), or a script to change the ospf priority value (again
not sure how to implement the script) or have keepalived run a script to
bringup/shutdown ospfd or use different ospfd configs for the VIP?

Anyhoo, it's been some time since I last tried to do this and it seems like
it's time to try again (I was running quagga 0.92 and keepalive 1.1.1).  If
those who've worked though these issues could provide some insight, I'm sure
many people would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Jim