Re: Ultramonkey/LVS-TUN connection stalls on client

Subject: Re: Ultramonkey/LVS-TUN connection stalls on client
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:04:00 -0500
Nigel Hamilton wrote:

>         I can see that my lack of tunl0 device on the RealServer must be a
> 'show stopper'

:-)

>         But I've followed the UltraMonkey installation instructions
> word-for-word and there has been no mention of a tunl0 device.

Horms, how could you lead this guy astray like this :-)

You tried and did your best. The mailing list has to handle the rest.
The documentation isn't perfect and makes some assumptions,
otherwise we would have to write whole books for everything.

> Is tunl0 the equivalent of lo:0 in the UltraMonkey docs?

if you use ifconfig

lo:0 holds the VIP for LVS-DR
tunl0:0 holds the VIP for LVS-Tun

if you use ip addr add, its lo and tunl0

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx