Re: Ultramonkey/LVS-TUN connection stalls on client

Subject: Re: Ultramonkey/LVS-TUN connection stalls on client
From: Nigel Hamilton <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 03:25:51 -0600 (CST)

> Hi Nigel,
>
> No problem, I am happy to clarify the documentation. Do
> you have some ideas on where this should be done?

Maybe on the front page? :-)

Your LVS tutorial has been really good for seeing how TUN could work with
UltraMonkey - that's what I've been working with recently.

> In that case you probably do need LVS-TUN, unfortunately that is
> not something that the Ultra Monkey documentation addresses.
> As I mentioned above I would be willing to consider a contributed
> topology for this, but it isn't a priority for me right now.
>
> >     As it turns out I'm still trying to get this to work. When I added
> > an extra RealServer the connection to the first RealServer died.
>
> Boo. Certainly this should not occur. Do you know if LVS mysteriously
> tried to send the connection elsewhere or if it just dropped the
> connection? Playing with /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/debug_level may yield
> some aditional information, but tcpdump is probably the best source of
> debugging information.

The VIP is floating between the Director and a backup director. I think
Hearbeat/failover must have kicked in somehow.

I'm trying to get back to a really minimal configuration and starting
again.

Nige

--
Nigel Hamilton