Re: LVS-DR with kernel 2.6 realserver

Subject: Re: LVS-DR with kernel 2.6 realserver
From: kwijibo@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:12:27 -0700
Joseph Mack wrote:

kwijibo@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

haven't tried these, so can't comment

echo '2' > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/lo/arp_announce
echo '1' > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/lo/arp_ignore

However I still get ARPs for this IP.

have you flushed the arp table on the test client? Is the MAC address you get for the VIP the one on the realserver that you have just operated on?

Joe

I don't have a VIP set up for this yet.  I am just trying to get the ARP's
to shut up before I do that.  So I am just putting this RIP on the real
server, attempting to turn off ARP, then pinging it from another box.
So far my pings have always succeeded and the MAC of the real server
pops up in the ARP table.  Before I redo a test I always remove the MAC
of the real server from the ARP table.

I have a LVS-DR set up and doing other stuff but all the real servers are
FreeBSD which makes turning off ARP's on those trivial.  This is my first
attempt at getting a Linux real server.

Steve

Steve