Re: LVS-DR with kernel 2.6 realserver

Subject: Re: LVS-DR with kernel 2.6 realserver
From: kwijibo@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:53:12 -0700
Joseph Mack wrote:

kwijibo@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Joseph Mack wrote:

I don't have a VIP set up for this yet.  I am just trying to get the ARP's
to shut up before I do that.  So I am just putting this RIP on the real
server, attempting to turn off ARP,

you need the RIP to communicate with the box. Put the VIP on lo and
work on the VIP
Yeah sorry, I got my acronyms messed up.  The IP I am putting
on lo will eventually become the VIP.

I have a LVS-DR set up and doing other stuff but all the real servers are
FreeBSD which makes turning off ARP's on those trivial.

it's one of the unique features of Linux I'm afraid

Wonder if it would be possible to get the kernel to honor
the -arp flag from ifconfig with the new sysctls. Hmmm...

Joe
Steve