Haunted by old Director

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Haunted by old Director
From: Nigel Hamilton <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:42:53 -0600 (CST)
Hi,

        My cluster is more or less working perfectly, however there is one
remaining problem.

        There is one server that I'd like to convert back from a
fallback Director to a simple RealServer.

        I've uninstalled everything on the RealServer (Heartbeat,
ldirectord etc) and made sure that the network interfaces on the
RealServer are exactly the sames as the interfaces on other working
servers in the cluster.

        However, when I try to add the RealServer (i.e., ex-Director) it
goes 'quiescent' and drops out of the pool of waiting servers - it's as if
the old Director configuration remains on the RealServer.

        I've checked the configuration on the Director to make sure the IP
address doesn't appear but somehow this server is still being treated
differently to the other nodes in the cluster.

        Any ideas on how to remove the ghost of the old Director?

Kind regards,

NIgel

--
Nigel Hamilton