Re: MTA (SMTP/POP) + LVS

Subject: Re: MTA (SMTP/POP) + LVS
From: Harald Nesland <harald@xxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:42:17 +0100

Just remember, the LVS-director would be single point of failure (unless you've got more of them). A round-robin solution in the nameserver records could be safer. Though it's alot easier to control the LVS cluster. (Regarding DNS zone refresh, timeouts..)

James Couzens wrote:

Everyone,

Hello, I'm new to the list.  /me waves

I'm looking for any information anyone here can provide about successful
LVS employment in an MTA environment.  I'm thinking about using an LVS
box in front of a Qmail cluster to deal with redundancy and load
balancing for both incoming and outgoing mail.  Any thoughts, opinions,
or recommendations?

Cheers,

James