Re: Haunted by old Director

Subject: Re: Haunted by old Director
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:28:11 -0500
Nigel Hamilton wrote:

>         However, when I try to add the RealServer (i.e., ex-Director) it
> goes 'quiescent'

don't know what quiescent is, presumably weight=0. It is more likely
that something else drops it out of the pool, rather than it dropping
out at its own command.

To make a realserver, all you need to do is to handle the arp problem
and tell the director that it exists. The ip_vs patches etc can still
be on the machine. Just check that the output of ipvsadm is empty
and that you have services listening on the VIP.

> and drops out of the pool of waiting servers - it's as if
> the old Director configuration remains on the RealServer.

I suspect that it's not a functioning realserver yet

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx