Newbie question

Subject: Newbie question
From: "Fred. Oger" <oger+lvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:09:18 +0100
Hi everyone,

This is probably a stupid question. I'm trying to install an lvs with
DR.

Here's the config I would like to have

        ____________
       |            |
       |  client    |
       |____________|
     CIP= x.x.56.51 (known on the internet) (eth0)

     VIP=eth1:54 x.x.56.54/32        (known on the internet)
        ____________
       |            |
       |  director  |
       |____________|
     DIP=eth0:1 10.0.0.1            (non routable address)

     RIP=10.0.0.2 (eth0)
     VIP=x.x.56.54 (lo:54, no_arp)
        _______________
       |               |
       | realserver(s) |
       |_______________|

My problem is on the director. If I don't define the eth1 interface
before  running the rc.lvs script, I get an error message
 SIOCSIFNETMASK: cannot assign requested address

If I define it with the VIP, the rc.lvs  script flushes it and then I
also get the above message.
In both case, the eth1:54 isn't defined.

Could someone provide me some more info on the needed config ?

Regards,

Fred. Oger

--
Système/SIA