RE: quick connection then wait but for what?

Subject: RE: quick connection then wait but for what?
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:17:05 -0800
> when you request a page, the result is the same with a 1ko
> page or a 10 mo one,
> you see connection, opening, then you wait between 1 and 3 seconds,
> then everything appear very fast

Maybe you need to tcpdump on the director, real server, and possibly client.
On the realservers : if using DR look for ARP or VIP traffic, or if using
NAT you need to get traffic from the director while on the realservers.  If
that doesn't give you information you can try raising debug levels
(http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/docs/sysctl.html) on the director, or
strace on the real servers to apache or whatever your application is.

If I had to guess I would say it?s a DNS issue.

---