Re: Ldirectord and the ldirectord.cf

Subject: Re: Ldirectord and the ldirectord.cf
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:50:14 +0900
On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 07:44:16PM -0600, Randy Paries wrote:

> Hello, I am trying to configure my Director
>
> When I configure ipvsadm by hand it looks like:
> ipvsadm
> IP Virtual Server version 1.0.10 (size=65536)
> Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
>   -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
> TCP  test.unitnet.com:http wlc
>   -> local.krusty:http            Route   1      0          0
>   -> local.flanders:http          Route   1      0          0
>
> My ldirectord.cf looks like
> #===========================================================================
> # Global Directives
> checktimeout=3
> checkinterval=1
> fallback=127.0.0.1:80
> autoreload=yes
> logfile="/var/log/ldirectord.log"
> quiescent=yes
>
> # A sample virual with a fallback that will override the gobal setting
> virtual=66.208.187.27:80
>         real=192.168.0.203:80 gate
>         real=192.168.0.204:80 gate
>         fallback=127.0.0.1:80 gate
>         service=http
>         request="ldirectordping.html"
>         receive="Test Page"
>         scheduler=wlc
>         persistent=1800
>         #netmask=255.255.255.255
>         protocol=tcp
> #===========================================================================
> I did ipvsadm --clear (re to be like a reboot)
>
> When I start Ldirectord it sets ipvsadm to:
> ipvsadm
> IP Virtual Server version 1.0.10 (size=65536)
> Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
>   -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
> TCP  test.unitnet.com:http wlc persistent 1800
>   -> unitnetbackup:http           Local   1      0          0
>
> #===========================================================================
> I was under the assumtion that the ldirectord.cf would set up the reals for
> ipvsadm
>
> Is that not correct?

Yes, that is correct. I would suspect that ldirectord things that the
real servers are unavailable because a request for /ldirectordping.html
does not include the string "Test Page".  You can take a look in the
ldirectord.log to see what is going on. For more information run
ldirectord with the -d flag to confirm what is going on.

--
Horms