Re: RS also a client

Subject: Re: RS also a client
From: Luc de Louw <luc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 19:18:17 +0200
Joseph Mack wrote:

[..]
Is it possible that a realserver is also a client?

yes there was a question on this 2 days ago by Robert Hamilton

I just saw the discussion about that, thanks for the hint. But unfortunately I did not expresses myself clearly in my original posting.

The problem is that a LVS managed service (tier one) needs to connect to another LVS managed service (tier two) via the director, to have that service also managed

The reason for that is, that tier two can only have ONE connetion open to another host. That tier two service is a failover-only service (not balanced) It is monitored by "mon"

Thanks a lot for any hint for this strange but needed setup

rgds

Luc