Re: RS also a client

Subject: Re: RS also a client
From: rkhamilton <rkhamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 13:33:20 -0400
Hey,

I was actually able to solve my customers problem by using simple outbound iptables masquerading.

Adding rules like:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -p tcp -s 172.16.10.0/24 --dport 80 -j MASQUERADE

alllowed for outbound natted connections from the web servers, as clients, to other web servers.

no iproute2 stuff required. I suspect that my configuration is not the same as you might have expected. The only path to the Internet is through the director.

Does this make sense?

-Rob

Joseph Mack wrote:

Luc de Louw wrote:
Hi all,

Is it possible that a realserver is also a client?

yes there was a question on this 2 days ago by Robert Hamilton

If a service on RS1 now wants to connect to a another service that is running
on RS2 and/or RS3 the connection failes.

clients on realservers connecting to services on other realservers can occur independantly of LVS. It's not a good idea to connect
to services that are also being controlled by ip_vs, as the scheduler
will not know about them and hence will not be able to balance
the services any more