Poll for LVS components

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Poll for LVS components
From: Allen Pomeroy <apomeroy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 10:29:58 -0600

On 29-May-04, at 4:00 AM, lvs-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: May 28, 2004 8:47:55 AM MDT
Subject: Re: user counts keepalived vs ldirectord?

Maybee someone could set up a web poll ?

You could ask about real servers OS, number of servers etc ?
Might be quite interesting.

Malcolm / All, I thought this was a great idea, so I've put up a (very simple) poll on my site www.edhacker.com. I already use a content management system that has a poll component, so I used that. If someone wants to put up a more detailed poll as Malcolm is thinking, it looks like either Malcolm or I could host it.

I can host PHP/mysql/postgresql if someone writes the script or do any web sites do this kind of thing for free ?

Thanks to everyone for the responses so far .. I'd like to summarize them, and include the poll results as well. Feel free to vote - then when there are a 'substantial' number of responses, I'll post it to the list. As I suspected there are pros and cons to both director failover/service monitoring methods, but I think I'll stick with keepalived for now. I will definately mention this discussion in the article I am writing.

Thanks!
AP