RE: Number of LVS users

To: <simpsonb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Number of LVS users
From: "Peter Mueller" <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:08:46 -0700
> Although this produced a figure of 1,598 their were a lot of
> duplicates so I think the list has under 1,000.
>
> Is there a better way to figure out how many users subscribe to the
> lvs-users list?

I don't think there's a better way :(.  But keep in mind there are a lot
of Pirahna users.  Probably at least as many as LVS, although I would
imagine these are mainly for smaller shops.  Also, quite a few people on
the list have multiple clusters or setups.  And of course LVS is now in
the main kernel so usage is only increasing.

> Would it be safe to assume that the actual number of lvs users is 3 or
> more times higher than the number of registered users?

Because of Pirahna it seems 2-3x is very fair.