Re: Number of LVS users

Subject: Re: Number of LVS users
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:02:25 +0200
What's the definition of "users of LVS"?
Well, would it not be better to talk about sites running LVS-based
solutions ?

Mind you, I have not yet given a definition of "users of LVS". Also I find it difficult to 1:1 assign site with LVS-based solution. Example: We deploy load balancers with up to 16 NICs for data centers (B2B, B2C). Every NIC handles a zone, however one or more zones can be a site. Also it is difficult to count sites when one uses VirtualHosts.

I use LVS to load-balance Squid proxy for about 65,000 users. Can we say
they are "LVS users" ? :-)

I would say that our deployment of LVS spans over about 50 sites.

Cheers,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
addr://Rathausgasse 31, CH-5001 Aarau  tel://++41 62 823 9355
http://www.terreactive.com             fax://++41 62 823 9356
terreActive AG                       Wir sichern Ihren Erfolg