Re: Number of LVS users

Subject: Re: Number of LVS users
From: Brett Simpson <simpsonb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:50:19 -0400
On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 06:02, Roberto Nibali wrote:
> >>What's the definition of "users of LVS"?
> >
> > Well, would it not be better to talk about sites running LVS-based
> > solutions ?

This would be easier to figure out.

Considering that the list has 1,650 subscribers could the number of
sites be 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, or more?

> Mind you, I have not yet given a definition of "users of LVS". Also I find it
> difficult to 1:1 assign site with LVS-based solution. Example: We deploy load
> balancers with up to 16 NICs for data centers (B2B, B2C). Every NIC handles a
> zone, however one or more zones can be a site. Also it is difficult to count
> sites when one uses VirtualHosts.
>
> > I use LVS to load-balance Squid proxy for about 65,000 users. Can we say
> > they are "LVS users" ? :-)
>
> I would say that our deployment of LVS spans over about 50 sites.

If we could get an idea of how many sites per deployment are out there
then that would be useful too.

How much would the count be affected if we throw in multiple sites of
LVS per deployment?

Would it be useful to create a web site that would allow those who admin
sites to say how many they have and who they are?
Voluntary of course but it would give a big warm and fuzzy to managers
that a large number of major installs of LVS are out there.

For example let's say:
Total number of companies: 2
tac.ch                  - 50 site(s)
Hillsboroughcounty.org  - 1 site(s)