Re: Update Keepalived keeps forcing new elections

Subject: Re: Update Keepalived keeps forcing new elections
From: Paolo Penzo <paolo.penzo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:56:10 +0200
Hi,
some time ago I experienced something similar on a WMware ESX server ( keepalived 1.1.3 on a 2.4.18 kernel with ipvs 1.0.4). After some investigation I found that some VRRP sync packet were lost. Moreover my directors were freezing due to the high number of zombie sync threads.

In my opinion this is an hardware related issue.

Did you cheched this? I think we could overcome this problem by using an higher value for advert_int.

Paolo.