Re: Using iptables redirect for ARP problem on red hat real servers

Subject: Re: Using iptables redirect for ARP problem on red hat real servers
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 23:29:00 +0100
But I've got

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d VIP -j REDIRECT

working on several 2.4 kernel real servers, are you sure its not "2.2 only"
when trying to do transparent proxy on the director ?
I just want it on the real server to prevent ARP problems when the director is
in DR mode...
Ultamonkey site implies that it works (transparent proxy that is)?

Might just change the site to NAT mode to resolve the current issue....

Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.

Loadbalancer.org Limited
+44 (0)7715 770523
http://www.loadbalancer.org/

Joseph Mack wrote:

Joseph Mack wrote:

I've used the following to solve the ARP problem on linux real servers
before :

$VIP=x.x.x.x
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d VIP -j REDIRECT

look at Julian's recipe of 7 Jul 2002

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.routing_to_VIP-less_director.html#routing_and_delivery