Re: load balancer sending to the wrong real servers

Subject: Re: load balancer sending to the wrong real servers
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:29:05 +0900
On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 10:00:22AM -0700, Peter Mueller wrote:
> > Anybody encounter any "gotchas" when upgrading this one?  I'd like to
> > avoid creating any new desasters from an SLA perspective.
>
> The way real servers are put back into place on a reload.  We have an
> emailing subroutine that emails our pagers on a server going up & down.
> Horms, is the autoreload=yes still a bit experimental?

autoureload has always been a bit problematic, but it should work.
If you have specific problems please let me know.

e.g.

Start with config A... Update to B... XXX wierd thing happens to real server Y

As mentioned in the change log this code got reworked fairly heavily a
few months back. Actually, it was reworked several times. I think what
we have now is a lot more solid than what was there before.  I tried to
test all the corner cases I could think of, but I could well have missed
some.

And as for the email subroutine. I am sure you have sent it to me at
least once before. But if it is something that you think is ready
for general consumption then please send it again.

--
Horms