RE: Replacing turboclusterd with LVS

Subject: RE: Replacing turboclusterd with LVS
From: pmjbf@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:17:51 -0500
Quoting Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > vrrp_instace VI_1 {
> >         virtual_router_id 51
> >         priority 150
> >         virtual_ipaddress {
> >                 <<<<EDITED>>>>
> >         }
> >
> > IP numbers and passwords have been edited out...
> > The section is the same on the secondary except "state" is
> > set to BACKUP.
>
> The backup should also have a lower priority.  For example, you could set
> priority to 100 on the backup if 150 is the master.

Okay, thanks.

It looks like I have to use the notify_master and notify_backup to run scripts
to configure up and down the VIP and send gratuitous arps (I'm using send_arp).
 I was at first expecting keepalived to do this for me based on the VIP
definitions in its config file, but it seems that that is not the case.

At the moment it all actually appears to be working as desired.  The main
problem was the stupid typo in my config.  The priorities help too!

> In general, for VRRP questions please use the excellent IBM redbook.  The
> link is : http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpapers/pdfs/redp3657.pdf.

Thanks for the reference.  I will take a look.

John