Re: LVS-DR, Cisco switch, and ARPtables

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS-DR, Cisco switch, and ARPtables
From: Brett Simpson <simpsonb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:42:58 -0500
On Friday 03 December 2004 11:15, Graham Purcocks wrote:
> So why do you think its not working.

I'm not sure what's wrong. I'm going to setup a Laptop with Linux on the same
network and have it act as the director to 172.27.21.212 only (no bonding on
the realserver or director) and see what happens.

> Are you getting this arp as
> 172.27.21.210?

How can I tell? Packet trace?

> If you clear the arp table on the test machine and ping
> the VIP does the count go up on the noarpctl list output. i.e. noarp has
> acknowledged it has blocked the arp request.

My client only has one arp entry, the default gateway, and it's 172.27.121.1.
It's on another subnet with an IP of 172.27.21.53.  When I try to connect to
port 80 it just times out. The count doesn't change.

Thanks,
Brett