Re: LVS-DR, Cisco switch, and ARPtables

Subject: Re: LVS-DR, Cisco switch, and ARPtables
From: Graham Purcocks <grahamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 16:54:04 +0000
Hmmm. I don't think this is a noarp problem.

Basically, there is a howto on checking the hidden arp problem.

You clear your arp table of the VIP address.

arp -d 172.27.21.210

Then ping 172.27.21.210

then check your arp table again to see which MAC address you have. If the MAC address is of the director then I don't think this is your problem.

noarpctl list on the RIP

should go up by 1 if it blocked the arp request.

Thats getting near the end of my knowledge.

Graham