Re: squid with LVS------------------

Subject: Re: squid with LVS------------------
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:32:03 +0900
On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 03:16:50PM +0000, SUKHWINDER PAL wrote:
> thanks for giving support .we are able to implement LVS with Mail server and
> also we implemented ldirectord  for failover detection. we thank again Horms
> for providing wonderful utility like ldirectord , it is working very
> fine.Thanks for the concept of LVS. We now want to implement  LVS with squid
> .We are having two ethernet cards for LVS (eth0,eth1) ,Two Realservers
> (working as squid proxy) having one ethernet card each. I am using two
> networks---One with LVS eth0 and clients. And other with LVS eth1 and
> realservers.I am giving an example:
>
> LVS----------------------10.11.150.98  eth0 ( clients side network )
> LVS----------------------10.11.151.99   eth1 (realservers side network)
> Realserver1-----------10.11.151.97 eth0
> (squid)Realserver2-----------10.11.151.96 eth0 (squid)
>
> Client---------------------10.11.150.23 eth0
> .The default gateway of both Realservers is 10.11.151.99 (LVS eth1).
> .Without LVS the Squid is working properly.Now withLVS If we schedule the
> clients http requests to goto squid server.Then how squid will contact some
> webserver to fulfill client's http request as there is only one ethernet card
> with squid machine which is already connected to LVS .

I don't see any reason that you can't use the same NIC for multiple
puropses. If you are using LVS-NAT, then the real-servers probably
already have the Linux-Director as the default gateway. Just add
some IP tables rules to the Linux Director to NAT connections
that originate from the real-servers. If you are using LVS-DR,
then just make sure the real-servers have a route to the apache
web servers, probably a sensible default route will do the trick.

--
Horms