RE: abour persistent connection?

Subject: RE: abour persistent connection?
From: "Francois JEANMOUGIN" <Francois.JEANMOUGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:40:23 +0100

Monty Ree :
> So is it possible like below?
>
> if the number of the RealServer(IIS) is two,
> and if the client IP is ended  even number --> to RealServer 1
>       if the client IP is ended odd number  --> to RealServer 2
>
> if above, LVS requires little memory, i guess.
> right or wrong?
>
> I heard that it is possible at commercial L4 switch...
> Any comments so thanks...

Just use a pesistence mask. This also can help you manage providers proxies
(like wap gateway or so). If you're concerned about users sessions from
inertent providers clients, please have a look at the part of the HOWTO that
explains how to manage AOL clients.

You will see then that LVS is at least as powerfull as any commercial
solution.

François.