Re: High-performance Layer-7 switching in production

Subject: Re: High-performance Layer-7 switching in production
From: Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:12:20 -0500
Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.john@xxxxxxx

lvs-users-bounces+mack.joseph=epamail.epa.gov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote on 03/10/2005 02:59:30 PM:

> Hello,
>
> I'm searching a directory Layer-7 load-balancer which can
> route requests to different clusters :
> http://www.onedomain.com/cluster1/..... route to a first
> group of 8 servers.
> http://www.onedomain.com/cluster2/..... route to a second
> group of 5 servers.
> http://www.onedomain.com/cluster2/..... route to a third
> group of 6 servers.

look in the http section of single port services, to see if any of the
apache modules do what you want. You don't want to handle this at
layer 7 when you can handle it at layer 4.