Re: High-performance Layer-7 switching in production

Subject: Re: High-performance Layer-7 switching in production
From: "Erwan" <lvs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:08:46 +0100
I can't use this :
http://sport.onedomain.com/sport/foot.php
http://tv.onedomain.com/tv/mtv.jsp
http://auto.onedomain.com/auto/audi.asp

I must use this :
http://www.onedomain.com/sport/foot.php
http://www.onedomain.com/tv/mtv.jsp
http://www.onedomain.com/auto/audi.asp

- I'm using squid for reverse proxying with squidGuard URL switching but I've
some limitations.

With a Dual 3.2 Ghz, intel e1000, I can only handle 40 Mbps
1 of the 2 CPUs is always at 100% because of  userspace/kernel switching
The number of TCP connections saturate at 4000

With squid URL rewriting, I'm testing this for my needs :
                       +----| SQUID1 |---+              +---URL:*/sport----|web2
                       |                 |              |                  |web3
                       |                 |              |                  |web4
                       |                 |              |                  |web5
                       |                 |              |
 Internet ----| LVS |--|----| SQUID2 |---|----| LVS |---+---URL:*/tv-------|web6
                       |                 |              |                  |web7
                       |                 |              |                  |web8
                       +----| SQUID3 |---+              +---URL:*/auto-----|web8
                                                                           |web9

Perhahs apache2 is better than squid for this needs ?

- Do someone has tried to use iptables layer 7 filter + lvs ?
http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/

Regards,

Erwan