RE: High-performance Layer-7 switching in production

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: High-performance Layer-7 switching in production
From: PMilanese@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:01:52 -0500
Although it *may* work, it will probably be death if you're talking a
significant load. If squid is URL rewriting, I don't immediately see why
you can't change the layout to what was previously suggested
(tv.blah.blah). That would work much nicer. You can do the rewrites with
apache2 as well, so another option would be to route the requests to the
apache cluster, and rewrite to go to tv.blah.com. This way the URL looks
like you want in the clients browser, and they get the right stuff.

+---URL:*/sport---
+---URL:*/auto----