Re: Connection lost after running rc.lvs_dr script

Subject: Re: Connection lost after running rc.lvs_dr script
From: Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:19:31 -0400
Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007 Federal
Infrastructure Contact-Ravi Nair 919-541-5467 - nair.ravi@xxxxxxx,
Federal Visualization  Contact - Joe Retzer, Ph.D. 919-541-4190 -
retzer.joseph@xxxxxxx

lvs-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 04/18/2005 03:23:24
PM:

> Is that the SERVER_GW variable?

yes.

> I had that set, but when I ran the config
> script on the real servers it still removed the gateway.

yes default gw's are bad. You want routes only for the packets
you know will be required. All other packets should be dropped/denied.
You don't want someone taking over your machine and having a default
route to send packets whereever they want.

> I had to put it back in manually.

run the script again and look at the routes with

ip route show