RE: connections not expireing, kernel using over 400Megs

Subject: RE: connections not expireing, kernel using over 400Megs
From: "Francois JEANMOUGIN" <Francois.JEANMOUGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 14:25:57 +0200
Mark de Vries:

> No... I'm using gatewaying/direct-routing, see the '-g' in the script.

Sorry, I'm sick not completely awake. Anyway.

> That thread talks about 'ip_dst_cache' groowing.. in my case it is clearly
> 'ip_vs_conn' that's growing. And also ip_conntrac is not used on the
> box...

What are the states of the connections in the table (ipvsadm -Lcn)? Did you
try to reduce some of the timeouts IPVS is using to deduce the state of a
connection? In DR mode, IPVS only sees incoming packets, so, it has only one
information abour connection state. I use the following timeouts:

et.ipv4.vs.secure_tcp = 3
net.ipv4.vs.timeout_finwait = 2

François.