RE: connections not expireing, kernel using over 400Megs

Subject: RE: connections not expireing, kernel using over 400Megs
From: Mark de Vries <markdv.lvsuser@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 19:56:04 +0200 (CEST)
I just noticed something... When the number of incomming
packets/connections drops below ~1000/s the ip_vs_conn slab usage no
longer increases. Could it be that the connections are simply not expired
fast enhough?? That once you go above a certain no# of cons/sec new ones
are simply created faster than old ones are expired? Just guessing
here....

I tried to look at the code to see how/when where the connections are
expired. I something with timers... hmmmm.... 1000 cons/sec... HZ=1000...
but I can't figure out how it works enought to tell me if this has
anything to do with anything...

ANY help welcome... Right now I'm rebooting boxes every 24-48 hours... not
exactly what I had in mind when I thought LVS would help in creating a
high-available service... :(

Rgds,
Mark.