RE: connections not expireing, kernel using over 400Megs

Subject: RE: connections not expireing, kernel using over 400Megs
From: Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 15:05:01 -0400
Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007 Federal
Infrastructure Contact-Ravi Nair 919-541-5467 - nair.ravi@xxxxxxx,
Federal Visualization  Contact - Joe Retzer, Ph.D. 919-541-4190 -
retzer.joseph@xxxxxxx

lvs-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 05/03/2005 01:56:04
PM:

Sorry I don't know what the problem is.
You'll have to wait till one of the coders comes up on the list

> Could it be that the connections are simply not expired
> fast enhough?? That once you go above a certain no# of
> cons/sec new ones are simply created faster than old ones are expired?

No.

A timeout is a timeout; all connections that have comeup for a timeout
will be expired.

However LVS doesn't get tested much on UDP. I won't be surprised if
something comes up here that we haven't looked at much.
People have setup DNS on LVS before, but it's possible that
no-one has hit it as hard as you have.